Six ways to Support Local in Lockdown
Over the past 12 months, businesses have been there for the community more than ever, offering residents a lifeline with home deliveries and online events to tackle the lockdown blues. With many businesses struggling due to restrictions, it is more important than ever to support them. The good news is that there are plenty of ways to help out and show some love to local businesses, even from the comfort of your home.
1. Order a takeaway. Although you can’t currently dine out in Cambridge, now is a better time than ever to treat you and your family to an occasional takeaway and still enjoy a taste of the city’s food scene.
2. Shop online. This year, a lot of small businesses focused their time on their online shops to continue to serve customers. Cambridge has an assortment of unique shops offering beautiful items that can’t be found elsewhere. Although you can’t currently head into the city centre to make your purchases, you can buy from Cambridge’s indies online.
3. Buy a Love Cambridge Gift Card. If you’re looking for the perfect present, look no further than the Love Cambridge Gift Card. It is accepted at over 200 businesses in the city, so your loved ones can treat themselves to something special, and offers a great way to invest in local businesses.
4. Spread the love. A great way to show your appreciation for Cambridge’s businesses is with social media shout-outs. Follow small businesses on social media and comment on their posts with encouraging words. Share the business with your friends and followers, and if you see posts on social media asking for recommendations of places to shop, tag the small businesses you know. Also doesn’t cost a penny!
5. Use online services. A lot of Cambridge businesses are offering online alternatives to their services, why not take up that online work-out or cooking class and show your support? Online services have really taken off in the past year and we can see why, they are easy to do from the comfort of your own home and a great way to try something you wouldn’t have done otherwise.
6. Leave a good review. Statistics show that the majority of consumers use reviews to determine what products to buy and which services to purchase, and on average, read 7 reviews before trusting a business. Proving that giving a good rating or review on Google or social media is an easy way to raise the profile of a brand and persuade new customers to give them a go!
Be the first to know about Love Cambridge
Preview event at the new #Cambridge Urban Outfitters today! https://t.co/Vaztxvw5Rr https://t.co/oXw2zU6Cee
Foodies Festival organisers are going ahead with plans for the three-day event to take place this summer at Cambrid… https://t.co/y2OnT3oJH9
We are very pleased to be working with @CambridgeIndy to showcase some of the wonderful independent businesses who… https://t.co/Zhdd03rux1