Six ways to Support Local in Lockdown
Over the past 12 months, businesses have been there for the community more than ever, offering residents a lifeline with home deliveries and online events to tackle the lockdown blues. With many businesses struggling due to restrictions, it is more important than ever to support them. The good news is that there are plenty of ways to help out and show some love to local businesses, even from the comfort of your home.
1. Order a takeaway. Although you can’t currently dine out in Cambridge, now is a better time than ever to treat you and your family to an occasional takeaway and still enjoy a taste of the city’s food scene.
2. Shop online. This year, a lot of small businesses focused their time on their online shops to continue to serve customers. Cambridge has an assortment of unique shops offering beautiful items that can’t be found elsewhere. Although you can’t currently head into the city centre to make your purchases, you can buy from Cambridge’s indies online.
3. Buy a Love Cambridge Gift Card. If you’re looking for the perfect present, look no further than the Love Cambridge Gift Card. It is accepted at over 200 businesses in the city, so your loved ones can treat themselves to something special, and offers a great way to invest in local businesses.
4. Spread the love. A great way to show your appreciation for Cambridge’s businesses is with social media shout-outs. Follow small businesses on social media and comment on their posts with encouraging words. Share the business with your friends and followers, and if you see posts on social media asking for recommendations of places to shop, tag the small businesses you know. Also doesn’t cost a penny!
5. Use online services. A lot of Cambridge businesses are offering online alternatives to their services, why not take up that online work-out or cooking class and show your support? Online services have really taken off in the past year and we can see why, they are easy to do from the comfort of your own home and a great way to try something you wouldn’t have done otherwise.
6. Leave a good review. Statistics show that the majority of consumers use reviews to determine what products to buy and which services to purchase, and on average, read 7 reviews before trusting a business. Proving that giving a good rating or review on Google or social media is an easy way to raise the profile of a brand and persuade new customers to give them a go!
Dog Friendly Cambridge
Park and Ride Accessing the city with your pooch has never been easier with the network of Park & Ride buses allowing you to travel with your dog for free (however, they will need to sit on the floor). Buses run from five sites across the city, and tickets cost as little as £3 return… View Article
Top five things to see and do in Cambridge this summer
This summer, the historic city of Cambridge invites holidaymakers to venture along its quaint streets to discover brand new boutique accommodations, exciting attractions and unrivalled al fresco dining throughout the charming city centreand its lush green spaces beyond.
Be the first to know about Love Cambridge
Do you love the city of Cambridge and you're passionate about the history and everything it has to offer? Love meet… https://t.co/SH8Xk0bQ6n
Meet Simon the Owner @hotnumbers Coffee ☕️ Today he has two bustling Cambridge cafes and a roastery in Shepreth,… https://t.co/80HpY0UN2K
Meet Glen, Owner @BartonBicycles 🚴 Biking enthusiast Glen Todd left his career in IT to takeover Barton Bicycles o… https://t.co/iJGVI3cH1a
We want to say a massive thank you to everyone who was a part of the Purple Flag sessions this weekend! 🎶🎸 Thank yo… https://t.co/bDRhEPT09X